Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Quotes about Derek Uperesa joining the Warriors

About getting a release from his St. Francis scholarship and joining the Warriors, Derek Uperesa said:
"There were a lot of reasons, but more than half of my decision was based on football. I wanted a change." (HA)


While training at UH over Winter Break, Derek said he decided to transfer:
"I knew it was time to make a move." (HA)

HA Note: "In accordance with NCAA transfer rules, Uperesa must redshirt this season. But he will be allowed to practice with the team and attend classes. He will be a senior during the 2008 season."


Happy that his cousin Derek is joining the Warriors, Dane Uperesa said:
"I'm glad he's going to be a Warrior. He's a good player. I know he's taller than me. He's big, but he carries his weight well. It's definitely exciting to have another cousin play for Hawai'i." (HA)


Derek said that he joined St. Francis because:
"I wanted to go to a different environment." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment