Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Quotes from Viliami Nauahi

About finally practicing with the Warriors, Viliami Nauahi said:
"I've just been trying to go to school and get my AA and get back into the action. Coach Rich (Miano) and the counselors here have been helping a lot. I'm at KCC right now. I'll have my AA at the end of this summer session." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Safety Viliami Nauahi, the Star-Bulletin's No. 3 Hawaii high school prospect in the class of 2003, said he expects to be on the roster for UH's fall camp in August. The former Kahuku star participated in an informal offseason workout at Manoa yesterday."


About why he never enrolled at UH after they won the intense recruiting battle with BYU, Nauahi said:
"It was eligibility." (HSB)


About going to Fresno City College in Spring 2006, Nauahi said:
"I wanted to see how it would go there and try junior college (football) because I'd been out of football a while now. If I stayed there I'd have to stay for two years and I wanted to get my AA and start playing (at UH) quick." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Nauahi said an academic advisor told him he will have three years to play three seasons of football at UH, starting this fall."


About how he added 15 pounds to his 6'2" 205-pound high school weight, Nauahi said:
"I'm trying to get in shape, probably cut down a little bit." (HSB)


JJ was expecting big things from Nauahi, saying the following at his 2003 letter of intent day news conference:
"He's a big-time safety who has everything you look for at that position." (HSB)


Happy to finally be close to playing football again, Nauahi said:
"I miss the field, I miss football. Finally it's coming down to getting back and I'm excited about getting back into the game." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment