Sunday, August 15, 2010

Miah Ostrowski plans to play basketball for UH after football season is over

About why he didn't play for UH's basketball team last season after football season was over, Miah Ostrowski said:
"Both coaches (Nash and Greg McMackin) said OK. But on the day of the Wisconsin game (the last football game) my grandmother died. I was asked to be a speaker at the services and there were things we had to take care of as a family. It changed my priorities." (HSA)


About how Ostrowski could make a big impact in 2011 after Salas and Pilares graduate after this season, Mouse Davis said:
"He's a bright young fella. He's reliable and he's very athletic. Right now I don't see him as a guy getting a lot of playing time (this season), because we're stacked up. But after another year ..." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Ostrowski made a tremendous catch yesterday. Spectacular, but not unique: It's one you and I have seen made a hundred times and Davis maybe a thousand. But the thing that makes it special is that we've seen it not made five times as often. It's the one where the receiver extends horizontally for a pass thrown a little far ahead of him. The easy part is getting your hands on the ball; the hard part is holding onto it when you hit the ground."


About holding on to a catch when he hits the ground, Ostrowski said:
"You roll to your side so your arm hits the ground first, not your hands with the ball. You don't really think about it." (HSA)


About the most difficult things for a WR and a basketball player, Ostrowski said:
"The hardest catches are the ones right at you. Just like the hardest shot in basketball, the wide-open layup." (HSA)


About how he shot a lot, and missed a lot sometimes, when he played basketball, Mouse Davis said:
"My coach showed me my shot chart once. It looked like a bunch of BBs, because they were all white circles (denoting misses). He said we needed more of those colored in. I told him if I shoot and it's short, well, that means it's a pass." (HSA)


About how he'd love to play for UH's basketball team after football season is over if it is okay with new UH basketball coach Gib Arnold, Ostrowski said:
"I haven't talked to (Arnold) personally. I'd love to play, if it's OK with both coaches. But my concentration is on football." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/columnists/furtherreview/20100815_ostrowskis_a_catch_no_matter_which_sport_he_is_playing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment