Sunday, August 15, 2010

Brent Rausch is now the #2 QB for UH

About how Rausch is ahead of Austin and Graves for the top backup QB spot, Mouse Davis said:
"It's close, but I'd probably vote Brent. He has a little better completion percentage, and he has composure." (HSA)


About how they used jan ken po (rock-paper-scissors) to determine the rotation order for the backup QBs this week and Austin always came in last, David Graves said:
"Shane's philosophy was to do the same thing every time, and me and Brent picked up on it." (HSA)


About how he always uses "scissors" in jan ken po, Austin said:
"I always throw the same one up because I eventually think they'll switch it off. "If it's not broken, why fix it? But I think it's broken. I'm probably going to have to fix it. At least that doesn't relate to my football skills. That's strictly being bad at rock-paper-scissors. We're not playing USC in rock-paper-scissors." (HSA)


About how he has improved his focus, Rausch said:
"My biggest improvement from the past couple of years was my mind-set. l think I should have been a lot more focused the past couple of years. I don't think there's an excuse for a kid not to be focused. He should be focused all of the time." (HSA)


About how Rausch has been playing better as he prepares for his senior season, Rolo said:
"For Brent, there's the realization: Do you want this to be the end? Or do you want to end it right? He has the skill. He has the arm. Now he's seeing things a lot clearer." (HSA)


About how he's been working on his footwork, Austin said:
"I'd get a little lackadaisical, maybe be a little off-balance when I threw. I've worked on my footwork. That actually affects the accuracy and the power behind the pass. Power comes from your legs. I've been trying to utilize my legs a lot. It's been helping a lot." (HSA)


About how footwork is crucial for their QBs, Rolo said:
"The footwork needs to match up to the play. People say, 'Oh, they're in shotgun and they just take a three-step drop. Who cares?' But there are different paces of a three-step drop on different plays. There are different foot angles, in relationship to where the shoulders and eyes are facing. All of those things have to match up to work to the best of his ability." (HSA)


About how Graves has mobility as his advantage, Rolo said:
"He does some good things. He gives us the ability to package him in different situations." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20100815_rausch_is_leading_qb_understudy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment