Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Feature article on Rocky Savaiigaea in ESPN 1420 Magazine

EMAG = ESPN 1420 Magazine

About how having to miss almost all of last season due to a torn triceps tendon, Rocky said:
"The injury taught me so many things, but most of all it made me humble. As I watched my teammates go through the season, I felt as though I was an outsider looking in. I couldn't connect on the same level. What it did, though, was give me a new perspective. All I wanted to do was work even harder." (EMAG)


About being inspired by his grandmother, who passed away in 2006, Rocky said:
"My grandmother was my best friend. She taught me a lot in life. When she was in pain, and on her last legs, she never quit. She battled through, and I knew that was something I had to do. I couldn't quit on her, my family or myself." (EMAG)


About coming back from his injury, Rocky said:
"Like everybody else, there was a time I reached my lowest of lows. there was a time I didn't want to do anything. Yet, my strength in God, my faith and the support of my family gave me that extra motivation to come back even stronger." (EMAG)


About leading by example, Rocky said:
"I believe there are two types of leaders. There are your loud leaders and the ones who lead by action. I commit myself every single day. I'm not going to give anybody a chance to say that I wasn't in there working to be better. My time is now." (EMAG)


About how they have a talented and hungry team, Rocky said:
"We have so much talent this year, and people don't realize that some of these guys haven't had the chance to shine. Their time has come, and I know the guys are working hard. We have the tools to run the table." (EMAG)


Asked what will be his legacy as a Warrior, Rocky said:
"At the end of day, I just want to be remembered as a guy who worked through both good and bad times. I want to inspire my teammates and others to do great things." (EMAG)

No comments:

Post a Comment