Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Shane Austin and Vili Nauahi are healthy, Blaze hopes for an injury-free season

Hoping for an injury-free season, Blaze said:
"Right now, I'm just another name on the depth chart." (HA)

HA Note: "Soares will become a full-time starter at left-side linebacker this season. He endured injuries during each of his first two UH seasons. Last year, he endured a left-shoulder injury and a stinger."

About his injuries, Blaze said:
"It's sore, brah." (HA)

About his stinger, Blaze said:
"You have no feeling whatsoever in your arm." (HA)

About playing while injured, Blaze said:
"It's mind over matter. You have a different mentality. I'm not a wussy." (HA)

About how he will not lose his intensity (his injuries occurred in practices, not games) but he will try to stay healthy, Blaze said:
"I'm not going to take it easy. I'm going to be smarter about things that I do and the choices that I make. That's been my motto: the way you practice is the way you play. To me, that's why I practice hard, because I want to play good. Unfortunately, I've had so many injuries. It's been killing my self esteem and killing my goals and dreams. Hopefully this season, the luck is on my side." (HA)

Asked for an update on his health, Blaze said that his shoulder:
"feels right." (HA)

Blaze said that he'll know if he's fully recovered from the stinger:
"when we suit up with pads. We'll see. I hope to God it won't come back." (HA)

About how he's recovered from the fracture in his right foot (suffered on the final play of the Warrior Bowl in May), Shane Austin said:
"I'm back 100 percent. Now I have to scrape off the rust. Other than that, life is good. I can run at full speed." (HA)

Not minding the other competition at QB (6 will be at Fall Camp, 4 others will join the team after camp), Shane said:
"I'm fortunate and grateful for the opportunity to be on the team. I just love throwing the football. I want to play football as long as I can. We'll see how it goes."(HA)

HA Note: "Austin recently returned to Hawai'i after spending two weeks in his native California. While there, he worked out under the direction of former NFL quarterback Bob Gagliano."

I'm not sure what the quote here means, but Shane said:
"I don't want to take off." (HA)

Vili Nauahi said that his surgically repaired left elbow:
"is 100 percent." (HA)

HA Note: "Nauahi underwent surgery in February for a torn ligament. He resumed participating in 7-on-7 unsupervised workouts on Monday."

Nauahi said that the surgeon:
"grabbed a tendon out of my left wrist, and that's how they replaced the ligament on my elbow. I'm OK now." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment