Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Central Arkansas game is finalized

Happy that they are opening their 2009 season at home vs. Central Arkansas, Mack said:
"I'm happy to be playing our first game next year at home. I know Jim (Donovan, UH's athletic director) called a lot of teams, and Central Arkansas stepped up to the plate. They're going to be a good team to open with. I have a lot of respect for their program." (HA)

"I'm really excited about opening our season in front of our home fans. And I have a lot of respect for Central Arkansas. Having been in Texas, I know what their program is about. Jim talked to a lot of schools about playing us, and I respect them for stepping up." (HSB)

Confirming the game, JD said:
"I can say we sent them a contract, and if we receive it signed we have a game on Sept. 4, 2009. The kickoff will be at 7 or 7:30 p.m. (at Aloha Stadium)." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Donovan said he got the blessing of Hawaii high school football leaders to play the game on Friday. UH and UCA both wanted an extra day before their next games because of travel issues."

About the UH game (they will get their travel expenses plus $125k), UCA coach Clint Conque said:
"It's another landmark game for our program, one that's just another step in what we're trying to build here. It's good for the school and our conference." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment