Thursday, May 29, 2008

New QBs work out with the Warriors

About his first workout with the Warriors, Greg Alexander said:
"It was good work, good to finally get started. The (dropbacks) are a little different than what I'm used to. Getting some timing down. It was a good first day." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Yesterday they were just two new guys from California trying to learn as much as they could about the UH offense. The junior college transfer quarterbacks spent an hour and a half under the afternoon sun throwing passes to some of their new teammates, under the tutelage of veteran quarterback Inoke Funaki."

HSB Note: "At 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, Alexander is one of the biggest Warriors quarterbacks in recent years - and he arrives at UH with some gaudy stats. But the second-team JC All-American didn't draw heavy recruiting despite passing for a school-record 3,876 yards and 43 touchdowns as a sophomore at Santa Rosa College last year."

About the workout, Brent Rausch said:
"It was real good. This was definitely a workout for me. It was an eye-opener for the drops I have to learn. Inoke was teaching me a lot, so that helped. It was coming along pretty good, and I'll be working on it in the coming weeks." (HSB)

About the competition for the starting QB spot, Rausch said:
"There's going to be a lot of competition and I'm going to have to work hard, get some weight on me. I'm looking forward to it. I always look forward to competition." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Two other JC transfers, receivers Mike Tinoco and Craig Bell, joined yesterday's unsupervised workout."

About his first workout with the Warriors, Tinoco said:
"I've got to get back in shape, start running, get used to the quarterbacks." (HSB)

About his first workout with the Warriors, Bell said:
"I already learned a little bit, looking at the film they sent to me back home. I just have to get out here and get a chance to catch a few balls." (HSB)

HSB Note: "The newcomers were joined by several veterans in addition to Funaki: running back Leon Wright-Jackson, slotbacks Aaron Bain and Mike Washington and defensive backs Jameel Dowling and Viliami Nauahi."

No comments:

Post a Comment