Thursday, May 29, 2008

Feature article on Colt

R = redskins.com

About being drafted by Washington in the 6th round, Colt said:
"I was hoping to be a high draft pick just because of the success I had. As I went through the draft process, I went through a lot of adversity and I realized that the possibility of me dropping was there. It started happening, and I really started figuring, 'Maybe I may not even get drafted.' So just to get the phone call and hear that I am a Washington Redskin--it was a tremendous feeling. Growing up as a kid, wanting to play in the NFL, it is just a dream come true." (R)

About wanting to pay Washington back for drafting him, Colt said:
"Washington stepped up and I owe them so much. I can't wait to get out there and show them it was worth it." (R)

Hoping to be cleared to participate in Washington's June 2 OTAs, Colt said:
"I'm going to work hard with the rehab and training, and hopefully get cleared to participate in the OTAs. And then I'll just take it from there. I don't want to push it and I don't want to set myself back. I want to let the doctors keep me steady and going in the right direction." (R)

About Colt's accuracy, Jim Zorn said:
"The thing I look for in a quarterback is, can he hit what he is throwing at? Colt has done that. He has been a 70 percent passer. Whatever level and whatever type of defense you are going against, to have a 70 percent completion, that is great accuracy. You can see that in many of Colt's games in the last couple of seasons. You can see his accuracy. He has the ability to move around, too. He is a 4.7 runner in the 40. His lateral movement and his ability to get himself in the position to throw the ball after a play breaks down--it's tremendous." (R)

About playing in the West Coast offense at Mater Dei and Colorado, Colt said:
"I have some background in it. I can't wait to get back to it. I know I can run it. It's the offense I grew up in out in Southern California. I have some background in it. I know I can run it." (R)

Looking forward to practicing with Washington, Colt said:
"I think I am just a really diverse kid who has a lot of passion for the game of football. I've been through some ups and downs in life, and I have a lot to prove. I can't wait to get out there and show the team and the community that I can be a great football player." (R)

No comments:

Post a Comment