Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Warrior Updates from Stephen Tsai

About new Warrior QB Greg Alexander, Inoke said:
"When I first saw him, I wanted to know, who's the D-end?" (HA)

HA Note: "The Warriors had their first unsupervised field drills today. Inoke Funaki served as the unofficial coach. Mike Washington, Aaron Bain, Leon Wright-Jackson, Vili Nauahi and Jameel Dowling also had leadership roles."

About transferring to a DII or DIII team (he's considering Midwestern State, Chapman or Occidental), RB Camron Carmona said:
"I spoke with coach (Greg) McMackin, and he was really helpful. It's an easy break. I'd love to stay here, but for me, it's not the best place for me as far as football situation." (HA)

HA Note: "Carmona joined the Warriors last summer, reuniting with his Mater Dei High teammate, Colt Brennan. At the suggestion of the coaches, he moved from cornerback to running back. He served on the scout team last season. Carmona was not invited to training camp, which has a 105-player roster limit. But he was asked to join the team on Aug. 25, the first day of the fall semester, when rosters may expand."

About leaving Hawaii, Carmona said:
"I love the camaraderie and friends I made in Hawai'i. I met people I'll be friends with for the rest of my life. I'm sad about leaving, but I have to look out for myself and my situation." (HA)

HA Note: "Carmona leaves in good academic standing. Because he was not on scholarship, he will not impact UH's APR rating."

HA Note: "Quarterbacks Kiran Kepo'o and Bryce Kalauokaaea will report to the Warriors on Aug. 25. That's also when quarterback Bryant Moniz will report. Moniz, a Leilehua High graduate, played at Fresno City College last season."

HA Note: "Shane Austin is on schedule for a full recovery from a broken right foot suffered on the final play of the Warrior Bowl. The cast was removed Monday."

HA Note: "Mike Wedge found this great football video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4kyKPnuKjE"

HA Note: "Colt Brennan took a short break to attend his agent Ryan Tollner's wedding this past weekend in Irvine, Calif. Among the guests were Ben Roethlisberger and Trent Edwards."

No comments:

Post a Comment