Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Quotes from another feature article about Samson

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspdolphins26nbjul26,0,4139513.story

About starting at center for Miami, Samson said:
"I'm getting more comfortable, mentally I'm getting better. I'm still just a rookie trying to learn the plays. ... Now when I say I'll do it, I do it. They moved Rex over. They're not just going to hand me the spot. I've got to work for the spot. Now I'm there, somebody's got to take it away from me, and I'm not going to let that happen as long as I can." (SFSS)


About the importance of intelligence in a center, Cam Cameron said about Samson:
"When you're choosing a potential guy who could start for you at center you better have a bright guy. You better have a guy that's tough; you have to have a guy that wants to lead. It's like you hear me say about the quarterback position, [center] is a leadership position. If a guy puts his hand on that ball and he's not a leader, you're in trouble." (SFSS)


About how he started 2 rookies on the OL with the Chargers in 2004, Cameron said:
"We went from rookie to rookie basically [in San Diego], and here we are again. We were able to maintain a high level of offensive play, so I think it depends on the guy." (SFSS)


Praising Samson's intellence and hands, John Beck said:
"He's the one recognizing everything, recognizing the fronts quick and making a decision on how he wants them to block. I know the guy did a lot of shotgun snaps in college, but he's extremely easy to get a snap from. I don't think he or I have had one fumble on a quarterback-center exchange, and I think that just shows his talent." (SFSS)

SFSS Note: "Satele's comfort level has been made even greater, as the Dolphins now have six players with Samoan roots, including former Hawaii teammates Esera and fullback Reagan Mauia. Across the line, looking to take his head off on Wednesday, was 344-pound rookie defensive tackle Paul Soliai."


About being on the field with Tala and Reagan, across from Paul Soliai, Samson said:
"It was like old days seeing Tala and Reagan [on the field together]. Stopping Paul is like trying to stop a train going full speed off his stance. I'm getting better because I'm blocking him every day." (SFSS)


Told that DT Keith "Truck" Taylor would be across from him on Saturday, Samson smiled and said:
"I'll just have to be faster." (SFSS)


About Samson, Cameron said:
"He's doing fine, but let's not put him in the Hall of Fame yet." (SFSS)

No comments:

Post a Comment