Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Quotes from another awesome article about Samson

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/182473.html

About Samson's confidence, Tala said:
''He always acts like he knows all of his stuff. Even though sometimes he might not.'' (MH)


About Samson's confidence, OL coach Hudson Houch said:
''I think that's half the battle. If you can just sell people on what you're doing, you can sell ice water to Eskimos. People believe in him as a leader.'' (MH)


About how the early projection as a rookie starter motivated him, Samson said:
''That motivates me a lot. They weren't just going to hand me the spot. I've got to work for that spot. Now, I'm there. Somebody has to take it away from me, and I'm not going to let that happen for as long as I can.'' (MH)


About Samson and how they want him to be more vocal, Houck said:
''He's fairly serious, although he does have a little bit of a comedian in him. But he is very conscientious about what he does. If you're a rookie, it's hard to really speak up and control the group. Considering he's a rookie, he's doing a pretty damn good job of it.'' (MH)


Praising Samson, Houck said:
''He has a desire to be a good football player. As silly as it may sound, if you really like something, you generally become pretty good at it. He really likes football. He's a student of the game.'' (MH)


About how Samson had 5 root canals the week before their final minicamp, Houck said:
''He didn't complain a bit. That's a pretty good test on toughness right there.'' (MH)


About all that Samson will need to learn to start at center, Houck said:
''He's going to have to learn all of the defenses, and he's going to have to make most of the offensive-line calls. I think he's ready to take that role on. It doesn't come easy, but since he's a pretty dedicated guy, I think he'll be very successful at that position.'' (MH)

No comments:

Post a Comment