Wednesday, May 16, 2007

More Quotes about Nate and his weight

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=50104

About how he needs to lose weight, Nate said:
“I’m way heavier than Westbrook. That’s one thing I have to try to cut down. That’s what I plan on doing. The things that he does are due to the fact that he’s in shape and he’s able to stay in there 100 percent of the time, and that’s how effective he is. He is able to wear defenses out. That’s what you have to do at this level." (Comcastsportsnet.com)

“I was able to play with it last year. The thing is, on this level, everything is up another level. I’ve got to do something to get to that level. Losing weight and getting in tip-top shape is going to help me do that. … I’m just trying to get body fat down.” (Comcastsportsnet.com)

Note: Last season Nate played at 245 pounds. He reportedly was 254 at the Eagles minicamp.


Asked how much weight the Eagles want him to lose, Nate said:
“I don’t know where they want me to be. I know it’s real low though.” (Comcastsportsnet.com)


About how Nate will be big even when he loses weight, Coach Mornhinweg said:
“He is unique that way. Football players come in different sizes and shapes.” (Comcastsportsnet.com)


Praising Ryan Moats (it may be Moats or Nate on the roster), head coach Andy Reid said:
“Ryan has done nothing but improve throughout here. He’s a snap away from being in there and playing full time, and that’s the way he’s preparing himself.” (Comcastsportsnet.com)

Comcastsportsnet note: "Moats, a third-round pick himself in 2005, had a promising rookie year. He rushed for 278 yards on 55 carries – 5.1 yards per attempt – and three touchdowns. Last season, however, he sat behind Westbrook and Buckhalter, and his production was reduced by more than half (22 carries for 69 yards and 0 touchdowns). However, Moats made an impression during the team’s first minicamp."


About how he is finally comfortable with their playbook, Moats said:
“I think I showed them consistency more than anything. The last two years, I was playing very stressed. I was stressing myself out, pressuring myself to learn those plays. I was pushing myself too hard to get it, and that can mess everything up. Now I feel more relaxed and more comfortable, and I can just play my game.” (Comcastsportsnet.com)


Feeling that he was ready to play last year, Moats said:
“I didn’t have a chance. This is my chance. It’s frustrating, but what can you do? You’ve got two good backs in front of you. I just try to be happy for the other person.” (Comcastsportsnet.com)


About how his game is similar to Westbrook's, Moats said:
“All he’s doing is making it better for me. He’s the same kind of back I am, and he’s proving to the NFL that we have longevity as shorter backs, just like Barry Sanders did. If anything, he’s helping my cause in the future.” (Comcastsportsnet.com)


About his uncertain status in Philly, Moats said:
“If I don’t play here, I’ll play somewhere else. That’s just how it is. That’s how you’ve got to look at it. But I’m here to make this team, and I’m pretty sure I will.” (Comcastsportsnet.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment