Saturday, April 28, 2007

Early Quotes about Samson and Ikaika after Day 1 of the NFL draft

Asked about his shoulder-length hair, Samson said:
"I've been growing it out since I was a little kid." (South Florida Sun-Sentinel)


About run blocking, Samson said:
"The more reps I do, the more feeling I get back because I did it a lot in high school. I want to be the best player out here. ... I'm going to be a rookie, but I'm not going to play like a rookie or practice like a rookie." (SFSS)


About how his personality changes on the field, Samson said:
"I'm a humble guy off the field. Once I step on the field for practice and games, I just turn into a different guy." (SFSS)


About competing for playing time during his rookie year, Samson said:
"I want to be the best player out there. They picked me, so I'm going to bust my buns. I'm not going to be a rookie. I mean, I'm going to be a rookie but I'm not going to play like a rookie or practice like a rookie. I've going to be a vet out there, like I've been in the league. I'm just going to bring everything I've got." (SFSS)


Praising Dolphins' OL coach Hudson Houk, Samson said:
"He's a great coach. He worked me out at my Pro Day. I fell in love with the coach … I love to play center. But if he wants me to move to guard, I'll move to guard." (SFSS)


About Ikaika, Lions GM Matt Millen said:
“His best stuff is coming. He hasn’t played a lot of football, but what he has played has been impressive.” (Detroit Free Press)


Jerry Glanville called Ikaika:
"the most talented defensive lineman I've ever coached." (LA Times)

No comments:

Post a Comment