Saturday, June 11, 2011

Several of the top Hawaii OL/DL recruits at the Big Man's Camp say that their

HSA Note: "Offensive lineman Paulay Asiata, who will play for Colorado in the fall, attended the Hawaii football team's Big Man's Camp for offensive and defensive linemen. Asiata came to watch his cousin, defensive end Titus Failauga, who is expected to be one of the state's top high school football juniors this coming season."


About going to the Big Man's Camp, DE Titus Failauga said:
"My cousin told me it was a good camp. I thought I'd come out here and try to do my best." (HSA)


About how this is the 4th year that UH is hosting a series of camps for high school-aged players, Mack said:
"I think it's part of my responsibility as head football coach of the University of Hawaii to have a reasonably priced camp so players can work on techniques and fundamentals from, in my opinion, some of the best assistant coaches in the country." (HSA)


About how he attended the camp when he was in high school, now-Warrior Frank Loyd said:
"It's a pretty good camp." (HSA)


Moanalua High OL (and Frank Loyd's brother) Chris Loyd said that he is 6'3" and 240 pounds now, but:
"I was 185 last year." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Kory Rasmussen, a defensive lineman from Kamehameha Schools, and McKinley offensive lineman MacKenzie Togafau drew the most attention. Rasmussen is 6-3 and 255 pounds. He already has received scholarship offers from Colorado, Arizona and Washington."


About how he's interested in UH and his family has always supported UH, Kory Rasmussen said:
"I'm looking at UH, too. We've always supported UH. We've gone to the games." (HSA)


About how he's been offered scholarships by Colorado, Oregon, and Utah, MacKenzie Togafau said:
"All I'm thinking about is playing ball and doing well in school." (HSA)


About how Colorado and Washington State told him they will offer him scholarships even though he can't sign an LOI until 2013, Failauga said:
"Hopefully, I'll get more this year." (HSA)


Asked about UH, Failauga said:
"My dad is a big UH fan." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110611_big_men_get_big_look_at_UH_football_camp.html

No comments:

Post a Comment