Monday, June 6, 2011

Feature on Dustin Adams committing to the Warriors

About why he committed to the Warriors, Dustin Adams said:
"I went up there last week, on Monday through Wednesday, and I toured the college and met all of the coaches. It felt good. That's why I made my decision. Yep, I decided to become a Warrior." (HSA)


HSA Note: "As a junior in 2010, Adams played right tackle. He was named to the All-State team. One college scouting service rated Adams as North Dakota's top offensive lineman. A few years ago, a former associate alerted Gordy Shaw, now UH's line coach, to a promising offensive lineman. At the time, Adams had just completed the eighth grade. This year, Shaw was reminded to check on Adams' progress. Adams said he is "almost 6-5" and weighs 285 pounds."


About the recruiting visit that Gordy Shaw offered him after Shaw watched videos of his team's offense and exchanged several e-mails with him, Adams said:
"I loved everything about the trip. I liked the coaches and the players. I got a chance to watch the players work out. I liked that. I got a chance to meet coach (Greg) McMackin. He's a really cool guy, a stand-up guy."" (HSA)


HSA Note: "Adams said he had received interest from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Oregon and North Dakota. UH was the first I-A program to offer a scholarship."


About how he enjoys basketball, hunting and fishing, Adams said:
"I'm actually fishing right now. We're fishing out at Devils Lake. It's about 2 hours east of Minot. We're fishing out of a boat. We're just trolling right now. We're fishing for (Northern PIke)." (HSA)


Adams said that the weather (which was been nice lately) in Minot earlier in the year was:
"cold, rainy and windy." (HSA)


About playing in Hawaii, Adams said:
"I always wanted to go somewhere where it's warm. It works out." (HSA)

http://warriorbeat.honadvblogs.com/2011/06/05/out-of-the-cold/

No comments:

Post a Comment