Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Colt Brennan is looking forward to competing for the starting QB job at Hartford

HSA Note: "Brennan faces competition from Josh McCown, who started eight games for the Colonials in 2010, and Jerrod Johnson, Hartford's No. 1 draft choice last month. McCown played in 47 NFL games, starting 31 of them, during an eight-year career with the Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders and Carolina Panthers. Johnson, who played at Texas A&M, was not selected in the 2011 NFL Draft."


About how he's ready to compete for the starting QB job at Hartford, Colt Brennan said:
"Anytime you're going to play football, there's always going to be competition, no matter what year, no matter where you are. I'm excited for the competition. I'm looking forward to getting out there and playing football. That's my only focus right now. It's time to get ready for football, and football only." (HSA)


About about his relationship with Shakti Stream, who was driving the SUV that got into the accident, Colt said:
"Shakti is not an ex-girlfriend. I love her and will always love her. I may not be with her right now, but we'll always be part of each other's lives." (HSA)


About NY Jets QB Mark Sanchez, who has worked out with him recently and who was a senior in High School when Colt was at nearby Saddleback College, Colt said:
"He used to come to the games. We also have the same quarterback coach in Bob Johnson. We got to know each other over time. I've had a chance to see him over the years." (HSA)


About being part of JJ's goodwill/medical mission to American Samoa and being an instructor at football clinics, Colt said:
"I was blown away by the culture and the people. You get to Hawaii, where there's a rich tradition and culture, and it's magnified down there (in American Samoa) because there's not much diversity down there. It's all Samoan people. It was a fun experience, a life-changing experience." (HSA)


About studying Samoan at UH, Colt said:
"That was one of the things when I got down there that was very beneficial to me. I took three years of Samoan. People down there had some respect for that. It was a really fun experience, and I got to upgrade my vocabulary in Samoan." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110629_colt_says_hes_fit_and_ready_to_compete.html

No comments:

Post a Comment