Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Colt Brennan is looking forward to playing in the UFL

About how the $20,000 in dental surgery he had after the car crash changed his smile, Colt said:
"It's new." (HSA)


About the scars on his head from the crash, Colt said:
"If I shaved my head, I've got some pretty gnarly scars." (HSA)


About Dr. Theresa Wang, who was driving the car that was hit by an SUV driven by Colt's ex-girlfriend, Colt said:
"The truth is, there's a lady still going through rehab right now. It's weird for me to talk about football." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Brennan had a stopover in Honolulu on Monday en route to American Samoa for a mission trip to distribute medical supplies. The June Jones Foundation is donating the supplies; the organization also donated $20,000 to the American Red Cross on behalf of the Japan relief fund."


About how he's been training in Arizona and California to prepare to play for Hartford, Colt said:
"I haven't played a real football game in more than three years. The NFL is a business. I wanted to play football, and coach Glanville gave me a chance. The doctor said I'm good to go. I'm making one more run for it. This is it. I'm going for it." (HSA)


About how Colt had a QB rating of 182.8 in 2006, the highest in NCAA history, JJ said:
"I played five years in the league, and I couldn't do that in the parking lot. I'm rooting for him. The biggest thing, for him, is to take that first hit." (HSA)


About being hit by defenders now, Colt said:
"I've got metal in me. Man, I'm like Iron Man. 'What, you're going to break something?' I've had everything broken." (HSA)


Looking forward to playing in the UFL, Colt said:
"I'm more excited now than when I was going into the NFL (in 2008). I want to play a real football game. These critics, these coaches, can judge you off a couple of series, a couple of times in preseason games. But you can't tell a player unless you watch him play a whole game. One of my big inspirations is I want to get back to the NFL, play in a game, and prove what we did in college was legit. ... It starts with (the UFL). This is my last hurrah." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110614_Colt_eager__to_play_again.html

No comments:

Post a Comment