Friday, October 22, 2010

The Warriors discuss the cold Utah weather

About the cheer that Robert Kekaula led the Warriors in at the end of their 2-hour practice, Bryant Moniz said:
"It was very inspiring. He should be in a movie. It was like Al Pacino in 'Any Given Sunday.'" (HSA)


About how the players responded well when Kakaula gave a 2-word pep talk last season at the end of a practice, Mack said:
"Robert is a very inspiring individual. He usually has something unique to say. Which he did. Which we can't quote." (HSA)


HSA Note: "McMackin said finding the appropriate speaker is "just as important as a coin flip. I'm very strategic about that." "


About being ready for the cold Utah weather, Moniz said:
"I'm not worried about the cold. I've got the A/C on 50 right now at the hotel. I'm ready for the cold." (HSA)


About how it won't hurt them if there is sleet during the game, Alex Green (raised in Portland) said:
"It'll feel like playing back home." (HSA)


About how he played in cold conditions in Fresno City College, Bronson Tiwanak said:
"The ball does feel a little more slippery when it's real cold. It shouldn't be a problem. I usually use gloves during the game." (HSA)


Looking forward to playing in colder weather, Jake Heun said:
"It sounds amazing. All it means is when you hit people, they feel it more." (HSA)


About growing up playing football in Alaska, Heun said:
"Our state championship is in October. In early October it's already 10, 15 degrees." (HSA)


About Alaska's late-autumn weather, Heun said:
"If you think about it, it's too cold to bury the dead." (HSA)


About how the weather during the game, Mack said:
"Some people think the weather is going to change. We just have to wait. We have gear if it changes. We've played in the rain. It's football. We have to see how the weather is when we get there. We have to play in the elements. We're fortunate in Hawaii; there's only one element." (HSA)


About how he was able to run on the side despite his injury, Laupepa Letuli said:
"I'm mentally strong." (HSA)


About how he was told that he did not have a concussion when he suffered from light-headedness during the Nevada game, Po'okela Ahmad said:
"After the game, I felt fine. I went to school on Monday, and I felt fine. I got cleared on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I tried to run, and I felt fine. I'm fine." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20101022_Red-hot_Warriors_welcome_cold.html

No comments:

Post a Comment