Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ryan Grice-Mullen is taking reps with the first-team offense for the first time since the start of the 2009 season

RLP = Regina Leader-Post


Asked about being elevated to starting WR after starting WR Rob Bagg suffered a season-ending knee injury, RGM said:
"I like to think that I'm one of the biggest team guys ever, so whatever the coaches ask of me, I'm willing to do. Whether they want me out there for a couple of snaps or for the whole game, or to just return punts or kicks, I'll do it." (RLP)


About how RGM has been learning their offense as quickly as possible since he joined them recently, WR coach Bob Dyce said:
"Ryan is a good route runner, and in the short time he has been here, he has a good understanding of the game. We'll look to get the balls into his hands quickly and in space to allow him to use his skills. He's elusive and he's quick and that makes it tough for a defender to get a jam on him." (RLP)

Grice-Mullen caught 20 passes for 210 yards and one touchdown in 15 regular-season games with the Lions in 2009. He also set the CFL record for longest playoff punt return when he returned a punt 106 yards for a touchdown in the East final against Montreal.


About how the same skills that he uses in the return game help him get YAC as a receiver, RGM said:
"What I bring to the offence is the same thing that I bring to the return game — that speed and that burst.  When I get the ball in my hands I'm always looking to score. I'm looking up the field for those YAC yards (yards after catch) because I'm not the kind of guy who is satisfied with just getting a catch. I want more." (RLP)


About having RGM step up as their new starter, Dyce said:
"It's a case of the next man goes in, and we expect the next guy to step in and fill Rob's role. It's uncanny the fact that we've lost a receiver at some point in the year the past few years. It's a shame, too, because Rob was having a great season." (RLP)


http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Ryan+Grice+Mullen+ready+help+Roughriders+Bagg+absence/3696666/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment