Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Feature on WAC Offensive Player of the Week Alex Green

About how Alex Green forgot about their handshake celebration (imitating what Miles Austin of the Dallas Cowboys started) plan that Kealoha Pilares had suggested after every TD, Greg Salas said:
"In the excitement, he forgot the plan." (HSA)


After rushing for a TD in the first quarter, Green said:
"I was doing the old-school chest bump. I forgot the new style was the handshake thing." (HSA)


About how he forgot about the handshake celebration after his TD in the second quarter, Green said:
"I messed up." (HSA)


About how Green forgot to do their handshake celebration after his TD in the third quarter also, Salas said:
"A.G. was getting too hyped up when he scored his touchdowns. He kept forgetting to do it. He put the ball down to do his thing. He was already on the sideline by the time we tried to shake his hand." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Fortunately, Green found the end zone for a fourth time -- the most single-game rushing TDs by a UH player since 1995 -- to perfect the gesture."


Praising the play of Alex Green, Mack said:
"Big-time playing by Alex Green. He's just an outstanding running back." (HSA)


About being named WAC offensive player of the week (Corey Paredes was named the defensive player of the week), Green said:
"It was a team effort. It was nice to get (the award), but it feels better to get the win." (HSA)


About how the 2 games his mom has attended has resulted in his rushing for 268 yards and 7 TDs, Green said:
"She's my good-luck charm." (HSA)


About how his mother encouraged him to pursue football, Green said:
"She told me if I loved football, to take it as far as I could." (HSA)


Green said that his Mom attended all of his games through high school, but:
"she closed her eyes when I got tackled." (HSA)


About how his mother stressed not letting success go to his head, Green said:
"She always tells me to stay humble, don't get caught up in it. She said it can be taken away at any moment." (HSA)


About how the cold in Logan, Utah didn't bother him during the game, Green said:
"Sometimes I couldn't feel my toes or my fingers. But I couldn't not play. ... I didn't need the hand-warmers. I try to play football." (HSA)


Having one good reason to focus on something other than the handshake celebration after scoring TDs, Green said:
"When I scored, I pointed to my mother, in recognition." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20101026_Green_scores_again.html

No comments:

Post a Comment