Friday, August 20, 2010

Feature on Ashley Lelie serving as a student manager and working to get his degree from UH

About going from the NFL to taking classes at UH, Ashley Lelie said:
"I have a full load of classes, and I'm walking around with a backpack. OK, it feels a little weird." (HSA)


About how Lelie cannot do any on-field coaching as a student manager since he's not a coach, Mack said:
"He can talk to kids personally off the field." (HSA)


About how Lelie is being a mentor to the WRs, Darius Bright said:
"He played (wideout). He knows a lot about the outside (position). He's been giving us a lot of knowledge on a lot of stuff that worked for him. It's great to listen to him." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Lelie missed the first 11 days of training camp while finishing business on the mainland. He said he recently sold his house in San Jose, Calif."


Lelie said that moving back to Hawaii is:
"a little adjustment. Coming from the mainland, everything is a little faster, everybody is a little more aggressive. Here I get to relax a little bit. There's not as much stress. It's a good thing. I needed to slow down a little bit, and get my head straight, and see what I want to do." (HSA)


About how he will take 5 classes this fall and is 40 credits short of his degree, Lelie said:
"Getting adjusted to (school) is going to be the tough part. But I'm a history major. It's just telling stories." (HSA)


Happy that Lelie will be getting his degree, Mack said:
"My biggest thing is I want him to get his degree. That's really why I do this. If he can help us, that's fine with me. But the goal is for him to complete his education." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20100820_Lelie_serves_as_manager.html

No comments:

Post a Comment