Saturday, October 24, 2009

T.J. Taimatuia commits to the Warriors!

About his commit to the Warriors, T.J. Taimatuia of Artesia High said:
"I'm excited to go play for the green and black." (HA)


HA Note: "Taimatuia is 6 feet 4 and 225 pounds. He is capable of running 40 yards in 4.7 seconds, and squat-lifting 410 pounds. Last season, he amassed 95 tackles and five sacks in nine regular-season games. He was named the Suburban League's 2008 Defensive Player of the Year. He also was selected to the CIF Southern Section all-star team. But this year, Artesia has struggled, and a coaching change recently was made. Still, Taimatuia received strong interest from Arizona, California, UCLA, Utah and Washington."


About how he's been a fan of UH over the past 8 or 9 years, Taimatuia said:
"Ever since I was 9 or 10, I've watched Hawai'i. I've always liked the way they've played and the way their coaches coach." (HA)


HA Note: "Taimatuia has several relatives living in Hawai'i. Taimatuia's cousin is David Katina, a defensive end who plays for Fa'asao Marist High in American Samoa. Last month, Katina made a verbal commitment to play for the Warriors in 2010."


About his cousin David Katina, who committed earlier to the Warriors, Taimatuia said:
"I used to sleep over at his house. I never thought that, years down the line, it would play out like this. I thank God for everything that's happened in my life. Every day, I work hard and thank the Lord. I give him all of the glory. I'm thankful for this opportunity to play for Hawai'i." (HA)


HA Note: "Taimatuia's parents still live in American Samoa. He stays with an aunt, Laurie Saleaeaga, in California."


About how he misses living in American Samoa, Taimatuia said:
"I miss the island life and the beach." (HA)


HA Note: "He said White Plains is his favorite beach."


Asked for his hobbies, Taimatuia said:
"I'm Samoan. I love to eat." (HA)


Praising Taimatuia, Ryan Zerbel (Artesia's assistant principal and assistant football coach) said:
"He's a natural linebacker. He has a real nose for the ball. He has a tremendous natural talent. He's a great kid. He's hardworking, respectful. He'll be a good future player for the Warriors." (HA)


http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091024/SPORTS0201/910240343&template=UHsports

No comments:

Post a Comment