Friday, October 23, 2009

Feature article on Kealoha Pilares and his tattoos

About how his tattoo underneath his right wristband (10-01-08) is the most meaningful tattoo for him, Kealoha Pilares said:
"My Grandma passed away last year, and this is something special to me." (KHNL)


KHNL Note: "Just thinking of his family's loss brings out tears for one of Hawaii's toughest players. His emotions prevent him from speaking about her any more, but tells us she died from emphysema. Pilares also has his grandmas name, Violet, inked on his neck."


About how he wanted tattoos since he was young, Pilares said:
"I see all these, Chad Owens all these guys, It's just art, kind of everything just means something to me." (KHNL)


KHNL Note: "Pilares isn't sure how many tats he has, but he is sure he's not done yet. however, some of his tattoos cost upwards of 25 hundred dollars, and for a college student, that's a lot of money."


About how his Mom pays for his tattoos, Pilares said:
"You know my mom is trying to help me out. Actually she is paying for my tattoos. I just go to college and get a scholarship check, but she gives me treats here and there, and after school, she really let me get these, it's a lot of money you know." (KHNL)


KHNL Note: "Tattoos aren't the only thing that gets people's attention though. Kealoha's female fans always seem to notice his eyes and long eyelashes."


Asked about that, Pilares said:
"I've been getting it since I was small, it's whatever, I don't really think about it, but if they like it they like, so whatever works I guess." (KHNL)

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=11350738

No comments:

Post a Comment