Friday, June 12, 2009

Warrior commit Kalani Brackenridge was surprised to be drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays

HSB Note: "Going through his normal daily routines, Brackenridge got out of the shower and noticed a message waiting for him on his cell phone. The Tampa Bay Rays wanted a word with their newest draftee."

Surprised about being drafted, Brackenridge said:
"I was a little surprised because I didn't play all season." (HSB)

Asked if he'll play for UH or sign a pro contract, Brackenridge said:
"I'm not sure what I'll do. I've got to talk about it more with my parents and see what happens when they call me back." (HSB)

About choosing UH over other colleges because they would let him play both football and baseball, Brackenridge said:
"That was the main reason why I chose UH, to play both." (HSB)

http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/sportsnews/20090612_Brackenridge_a_surprise_pick.html

No comments:

Post a Comment