Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Feature article on Colt

WP = Washington Post

About Todd Collins, who he's battling for the backup QB spot, Colt said:
"Todd Collins, he kind of reminds me a little of Brett Favre. They talk about how old he is and how he's been in the league for a long time but he doesn't want to give it up. He's a tough competitor who knows what he's doing and has a lot of confidence, so it's not easy. And you've got to go out there and what it comes down to is the preseason and how we all measure up and do in the preseason. The better you do the better chance you've got at moving up." (WP)

About how he's learning to strike a balance between playing his own style and running their offense, Colt said:
"Obviously you want to do what the coaches tell you because that's what they're asking for and that's what you've got to. For me, though, I think you've got to play the game. You look at me, Todd and Jason [Campbell], I mean that's three pretty diverse quarterbacks, there are not very many similarities, but we're all being asked to play the game the same way. So I think... what it comes down to is what do you have success with? And I think that if I ever do something with my style that hurts the team, that hurts the offense and what they're doing then obviously I gotta change that and know not to do that. But if I get a chance to make a play and do kind of what I do and it benefits the team, helps the team, then you got to know how to balance those right times out." (WP)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/brennan-seeks-balance-with-his.html

No comments:

Post a Comment