Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Recruiting quotes

About his son Tui's commitment to UH, former UH DL (1981-1985) Ana Tuisasosopo said:
"There's going to be another Tuiasosopo in Anuenue Dorm." (HA)

Tui received offers from Oregon State and California, but:
"after visiting UH, it made me want to stay home. It was a tough decision to make, but it was the right decision." (HA)

HA Note: "Tuiasosopo is projected to compete at guard. He can bench press 405 pounds. At last year's U.S. All-Army Combine in San Antonio, he benched 185 pounds 35 times. Tuiasosopo has a 4.2 cumulative grade-point average. He scored 1,640 on the new expanded SAT."

About choosing UH, Tui said:
"What made me pick Hawai'i was the opportunity to play in front of my family. My dad played for UH." (HA)

Impressed with Mack, Tui said:
"Coach Mack is a really good coach. I see UH keeping up its winning ways. I met all of the players. I asked them why they chose UH. They told me: 'When you play for UH, you play for the whole state. When you play for Oregon State, you're only playing for Corvallis. The whole state backs up UH. When we're up, they're up. When we're down, they support us.' " (HA)

About choosing San Diego State over UH, Punahou DE J.J. Autele said:
"As much as I hope coach (Greg) McMackin and UH have a great season, I just felt the need to go away to college. After my official visit to SDSU, I felt it was the right place for me. The coaches, the school and the area all just felt right." (HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment