Monday, September 24, 2007

Quotes about Tyler's play vs. CSU

About how Tyler didn't deserve the boos, JJ said:
"I didn't hear (the boos) when the game was going on, but I heard it on the (television) replay of the game, and that's kind of disappointing that people would do that. I don't know what would cause people to do that to kids." (HA)


About the "We want Colt" chants during the CSU game, Colt said:
"I appreciate the love, but in all honesty, that wasn't fair to Tyler. Not at all. The fans don't see that a lot of mistakes that are pinned on the quarterback aren't necessarily the quarterback's fault. The fans can't see that. The way our offense has been, and the success we've had, the fans can get a little spoiled. It's weird. Just because the offense, which is usually so high octane, was having trouble early on, people were saying things. It was funny to see how the game ended up. When the fourth quarter came (and UH was ahead 49-10), it was like, 'Geez, do we have to go through this whole fourth quarter?' " (HA)


Praising Tyler, JJ said:
"Tyler did a great job. If you go back and double check, three or four (incompletions) weren't his fault. He's a player. I'm proud of him. He battled through some rough adversity early. He threw some strikes later." (HA)

"It was a little rough early, but I thought Tyler did a lot of good things." (HSB)


About how it took him too long to get going, Tyler said:
"It shouldn't have been 21-10 at the half. It should have been 51-10 at the half. We didn't execute. I didn't execute. I would have loved to have come out and taken the life out of them early. It takes the life out if you can pick them apart early. We didn't do that, but I finally got it together." (HA)


About how Tyler responded well to the boos, Colt said:
"A lot of quarterbacks could have totally folded and buckled and succumbed to the pressure, but Ty wouldn't do that. In fact, when things got bad, that's when Ty stepped up. It says a lot about him. That's what's awesome about Ty." (HA)


About the jeers, Tyler said:
"I probably deserved it. I would expect us to come out every Saturday for a home game and put up points early and put teams like that away. I didn't do that. It took me a little while. ... That's how football is. If you're not performing you're going to hear it from the fans. That's cool. I've seen worse than that." (HA)


About how he'll win the fans over, Tyler said:
"I probably didn't win everybody back, but slowly and surely I will. I guarantee I will." (HA)


About how he settled down in the 2nd half, Tyler said:
"The second half I was more calm than I'd ever been. I wasn't even thinking twice about it." (HSB)


About the CSU game, JJ said:
"Glad to get out of there with a win. We scored 66 points and held them to 10, but it felt like a 21-20 game." (HSB)

"It was an ugly win for me. That's because our expectations are much higher than they have ever been." (HSB)


About leaving Tyler in the game to get it together, Colt said:
"If you have a real good understanding of football, you understand why leaving Tyler in there is a great idea. We had trust in Tyler all the way." (HSB)


About the chants for Colt, Adam Leonard said:
"I was disappointed in the fans cheering for Colt to come into the game. This was experience Tyler needed to get because he might be called on to lead the team again at any time." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment