Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Quotes about Ryan Keomaka

About how Keomaka missed all of preseason training due to academics, GM said:
"He just had that deal to take care of." (HA)

HA Note: "The "deal" was Keomaka needed to earn a C in sociology of religion class. He received an extension to finish an assignment. Keomaka turned in the work. But his professor, who was visiting from New York, returned to the Mainland. After the professor finished a week-long vacation, he sent an e-mail in which he gave a C to Keomaka. But the professor failed to enter the revised grade in UH's computer system."


About the e-mail he received about his grade, Keomaka said:
"He sent me e-mails telling me everything was good." (HA)


About how Keomaka rejoined the team after the athletic department confirmed his grade, but by then Keomaka had falled on the depth chart, GM said:
"He had a setback because he wasn't able to go to camp." (HA)


Impressed with Keomaka's special teams work and speed at CB, GM said:
"He's doing a lot of good things. He gives us more depth, which is good." (HA)


About working his way up the depth chart, Keomaka said:
"I'm working my way up the ladder. I missed a whole camp. It was my fault. I didn't take care of business when I should have. Little by little, I'm coming back. Once I get my opportunity, I'm going to make the most of it." (HA)

HA Note: "Keomaka has kept active by starting a reward system for defensive backs on the scout team. He bought small gold stars. Keomaka and cornerback A.J. Martinez created a point system for good plays in practice. Each point is worth a gold star, which is placed on the practice helmets."

No comments:

Post a Comment