Monday, August 27, 2007

Quotes from Ikaika

Feeling more comfortable with each preseason game, Ikaika said:
“It seems like every game you get a little more comfortable. You get a little more confidence in your technique and everything, the more repetitions you get. It’s just the whole mentality. I thought I played okay – still, like I always say, you’re going to make mistakes.

But the key is to learn from those mistakes and get better. My first sack came – it is a thrill when you get one but I don’t want to stop there. I want some more – I want that feeling again over and over and over. That’s the plan, so I’m just going to keep working and work for those.

I am looking to improve in this last preseason game. Just improve from last week and improve every day. That’s my main goal, so that when I look back on this film I can be like, ‘I did this a lot better.’ If I come out even one percent better I’m improving. So I’m just going to work at that, stay focused, keep listening to the game plan, the coaches and just soak it all in. Hopefully I'll get some more sacks and make some more plays." (DetroitLions.com)


About how he'll play at DT in their last preseason game, Ikaika said:
“(I think I am going to get some snaps at tackle) – I think that’s the plan. It’s exciting; they see something in me at tackle and at end, so whatever they want me to do – if they want me to play quarterback I’ll try to play quarterback if that’s what they really want me to do. I won’t be a very good one but I’ll try." (DetroitLions.com)


Excited about the upcoming start of the season, Ikaika said:
“You’ve got to be excited (for the regular season) – you really do. I’m excited for these preseason games; I really am, but the regular season is coming up and that’s when it really counts. That’s when you’ve got to go full tilt and it’s going to be exciting because the team is looking really good; everybody’s coming along really well and it just seems like everybody’s clicking.” (DetroitLions.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment