Thursday, August 30, 2007

Quotes about Colt, Herc, and Lafaele being named captains

About being voted by his teammates to be their captain, Colt said:
"It's a tremendous honor, especially because your teammates selected you. I love my teammates. I think I'm going to do a great job for them this year. They know I came back to play for them and to give them a great year. No matter how I'm going to do it, I'm going to give them a great year." (HA)


About how he worked hard to become the player that he is, Colt said:
"When I was growing up, I wasn't the talented athlete. I wasn't the kid everybody talked about. I wasn't an all-star. I was the kid who was never getting the attention and the love and respect. I respect kids who didn't get those things, but worked hard continuously. I was one of those kids. I see a lot of guys who don't get the credit, but come to practice every day no matter if they're fourth team or second team. It doesn't matter. They all deserve respect." (HA)

HA Note: "Brennan, Lafaele and Satele coordinated the players' summer workouts. It was a sacrifice for Lafaele, who is married with three children. Lafaele also attended summer-session classes."


Crediting his wife for sacrificing so that he can devote himself to the team, Lafaele said:
"That's why my wife plays a big part in what I do. If it wasn't for her, I don't know where I'd be. She has a lot of patience." (HA)


Praising Lafaele, JR said:
"He's a guy who's been a leader through the offseason and training camp. He's the kind of guy who exemplifies June's values for this program - hard work, unselfishness, and an understanding there's something in the program bigger than you are. Those are the qualities that are going to make Mike a success always." (HA)


About serving as a mentor to his teammates, Lafaele said:
"I treat all of these guys like they're my family. They have a special place in my heart. I try my best to take care of each one of them." (HA)


About being named captain, Hercules (who voted for Colt) said:
"I didn't ask for it, but I'm honored. I want to lead this team like the other captains." (HA)


About how Hercules is a "natural" leader, OL coach Dennis McKnight said:
"When your peers vote you captain, that's the highest honor. That's the dot on your exclamation point, that your teammates respect you, and they want, when we go into battle, for you to be in front. That's an honor, and Herc deserves it." (HA)


About naming Hercules as their 3rd captain because he received so many votes, JJ said:
"It was such a close vote. And Herc also has the respect of his teammates and is a great leader." (HSB)


About Colt and Lafaele, JJ said:
"Colt has all the intangibles. He's very competitive, and the players play for him. Michael works as hard as anyone and does a great job with everything. He's a coach on the field." (HSB)


About how they are just as excited opening with UNC as they were opening vs. Alabama last year, Lafaele said:
"It's about the same. This year we have a lot more talent, and people worked 10 times as hard as last year (in the offseason)." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment