Thursday, August 30, 2007

Quotes about C.J. Hawthorne adjusting to UH's offense

About how adjusting to UH's offense isn't "so easy a caveman can do it," Hawthorne laughed and said:
“No, no. it’s definitely a lot harder than that.” (HSB)


About being more confident at WR, Hawthorne said:
“I thought it was a lot harder when (the offense) dictated - I enjoy dictating. I feel way more confident and this is where I started my whole career. I’m back where I feel I have the most confidence in myself.” (HSB)


About having Hawthorne's speed at WR, Colt said:
“With him and Jason on the outside, it’s very scary. The two guys on the outside are the guys who can threaten the defense and really stretch the field. With him out there it’s going to create more of a threat and really scare defenses.” (HSB)


About spending the entire summer in Hawaii to help his adjustment to the offense, Hawthorne said:
“It takes getting into the offense to really see it. Once you can really understand all the reads you’re on your way. If you can learn this offense, you can run anything.” (HSB)


About how Hawthorne's hard work over the summer has helped him learn the offense quickly, Colt said:
“There’s been a night-and-day difference as far as how he looks out there and how he understands the offense." (HSB)


About Lane, who is pushing him hard for playing time, Hawthorne said:
“We’re both capable, we’re both equally talented and whoever is in there is going to do a great job." (HSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment