Friday, July 8, 2011

Tate Forcier will take an official recruiting visit to UH next week

HSA Note: "He said he was offered the trip Thursday during an hourlong conversation with UH coach Greg McMackin."


About the delay in his recruiting visit, Forcier said he was told that Rolo is on vacation and:
"won't be in until next week, otherwise I would be there tomorrow." (HSA)


HSA Note: "One of the nation's top high school prospects in 2009, Forcier started every game for the Wolverines as a true freshman. He ceded the job to Denard Robinson last season. He was academically ineligible for the Insight Bowl in December, and left the Wolverines shortly after that. Forcier became a "free agent" after deciding not to transfer to Miami, citing "trust" issues."


About his interest in Hawaii (he says that UH, SJSU, and Nevada are his final choices), Forcier said:
"I want to go to (Hawaii) and make sure I meet all of the coaches. If that's the school I want to go to, I want to make sure it's the right fit. ... Hawaii will be my first official visit. It might be my last. I have to go with how things go. If it feels right, I'm going to make my decision." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Forcier said he is completing online classes to meet NCAA requirements. He said he wants to make a decision this month. UH's training camp begins Aug. 4."


About how a former high school coach and one of his uncles live on Oahu, Forcier said:
"To have that kind of support down there makes it so much more interesting to me. I didn't have that support in Miami. I didn't know anybody down there." (HSA)


About how Colt is a family friend, Forcier said:
"Colt turned a negative into a positive by going to Hawaii and making a name for himself. Colt has nothing but good things to say about Hawaii and the coaching staff. ... I want to go to a school where I can trust the coach. McMackin seems like a player's coach to me." (HSA)


About the criticism he received after leaving Michigan, Forcier said:
"As much as the media can bring you up, they can bring you down. I want to be a comeback story. ... There aren't too many times you can get a second chance. I want to take advantage of that. Hawaii is a great place to get a second chance. ... The (UH) coaches told me the people (of Hawaii) accept you for who you are. If you're humble and work hard, they won't say anything negative about you." (HSA)


About how he can learn under UH's senior QBs and then have a chance to play, Forcier said:
"Hawaii has two senior quarterbacks. I can go there, sit out for a year, learn the offense, get acclimated to the area, learn from the two seniors. I can take in everything, and try to be as good as I possibly can be." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110708_Ex_Michigan_QB_will_visit_UH_next_week.html

No comments:

Post a Comment