Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kealoha Pilares and Greg Salas are working out together again in Hawaii

About working out once again with Kealoha Pilares, Greg Salas said:
"We worked out, and he destroyed my legs. Kealoha's legs are very strong. It's hard to keep up." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Last year's starting slotbacks for the Hawaii football team were reunited when California-raised Salas returned to Hawaii on Tuesday afternoon for a working vacation. Pilares, who was raised in Wahiawa, has been training in Hawaii the past three weeks after completing a workout program in Arizona."


About wanting to continue to train while on vacation in Hawaii, Salas said:
"I had a little business to take care of out here. I wanted to take a little time to relax, but I wanted to stay in shape. I'll be out here five days, and I don't really have time to take five days off from working out. I didn't want to slack off." (HSA)


About how Pilares invited him to work out yesterday morning at the Tactical Strength & Conditioning facility on Kapiolani Blvd, with Salas focusing on leg-strengthening drills while recovering from a tweaked hamstring, Salas said:
"He killed my legs, but it was a good workout." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Pilares will take the workouts to another level today. The plan is run up Koko Crater Trail, which often is referred to as "nature's stair-master." "


About getting to the top in about 15 minutes before, Pilares said:
"It's a killer. If you walk up there, it's kind of easy. I try to push myself to see how fast I can do it. I really hate it. It's not fun at all. But it's a good workout." (HSA)


About how he bought a JUGS football-throwing machine to keep his pass-catching skills sharp, Pilares said:
"It's a great investment. I leave it there so the other receivers can use it." (HSA)


About using the JUGS machine with the walls covered with mirrors at Tactical, Pilares said:
"That's why you have to trust your hands. You can't go in there quivering." (HSA)


About how he is preparing for the lockout to end, Pilares said:
"It's inevitable that we'll have football. I have to be ready for it." (HSA)

"I'm waiting for the call when they decide the lockout is over. I just want to play football. That's the main point. Whatever has to be done, has to be done. That's why I want to get into (training) camp." (HSA)


About how he'll be ready for the lockout to end, Salas said:
"I'll be ready to go. There's nothing that's going to be stopping me. Whenever this thing is ready to be settled, I'll be there." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110707_salas_pilares_still_workout_warriors.html

No comments:

Post a Comment