Monday, July 18, 2011

Kevin Spain's shoulder has improved significantly, he says he was 50% in the spring and 90+% now

About how his right shoulder was 90+% recovered from its surgery last summer during this summer's workouts, Kevin Spain said:
"I'm getting to the point where I can lift more weights. I was so weak before. I couldn't lift enough to get any improvements. It was just stagnant type of stuff." (WB)


About how he thinks that his shoulder injury was due to playing safety in high school, lifting weights in Hawaii and the "wear and tear" of throwing passes, Spain said:
"When I came out here, I started lifting a bunch, doing hang snatch (lifts). That's when I think I really tore it. I was doing that and throwing a lot. That killed me a little bit." (WB)


About how he threw during passing drills (with no defenders) during spring training but did not play in the Warrior Bowl, Spain said:
"I don't want to say  it was 50 percent (back then), but I threw a little more in the spring than I should have." (WB)


Looking forward to the start of training camp, Spain said:
"I just want to play football again. I feel I've been a student for a year. This was the first year without football in my life." (WB)


http://warriorbeat.honadvblogs.com/2011/07/17/qb-spain-conquering-injury/

No comments:

Post a Comment