Thursday, May 26, 2011

Feature article on how Scott Harding will be the first Australian WR in US football when he joins UH

ABCAU = ABC (Australia)


About being invited to try out for UH last year after he was delisted by Port Power, Scott Harding said:
"I've always known I could run (fast). During my AFL days I knew I had that all the time. I love watching NFL. I saw all those running around and always thought I reckon I could do that. It took me five years of AFL to realise I can have a crack at it and there is actually a pathway there to do it, through Prokick. So that kind of sparked it.  Obviously the speed caught everyone's eyes over there and they thought 'he can catch as well'." (ABCAU)


About how he has privately been coaching Harding for a year, Prokick Australia's Nathan Chapman said:
"We have handled Scott's transitional phase of the game very professionally. He will be the start of a number of ex-AFL players coming to us wanting to transition into American Football in positions other than punter. College football is the perfect lead-up for breaking into the NFL.  Scott's fitness and strength program has been specifically designed for him to perform at College football as a wide receiver, punt returner and running back." (ABCAU)


http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/27/3228562.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment