Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Coordinators Nick Rolovich and Dave Aranda will receive pay raises

HSA Note: "Rolovich, who leads the offense, and Aranda, who guides the defense, each completed his first full year as coordinator. Each earned an estimated base salary of $130,000 for the 2010-11 academic year. In addition, each received a bonus equal to one month's salary for the Warriors' participation in the 2010 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl."


About proposing the raises to JD, Mack said:
"I wanted to be able to take care of my coordinators. They're both doing a great job. I recommended that they both get raises and bonuses so we can keep them around." (HSA)


HSA Note: "UH's pay range for football coordinators is between $116,640 and $203,688 annually. A spokesman for the Board of Regents said approval was not needed from the school's governing body because the new salaries did not exceed the pay range and the contract was not for more than three years. All UH football assistants are on one-year contracts."


About how UH could not afford the raises that he asked for, Mack said:
"We're not in that price range. At least our guys know we're trying to take care of them, and that we recognize what a great job they're doing." (HSA)


About being offered a raise and incentive clauses in the contract that UH is offering him, Aranda said:
"I want to be in Hawaii as long as they'll allow me to be. I'm excited they're asking me back, and they want me to do my job. I'm committed to doing my job better." (HSA)


About how he feels that Mouse Davis will return as WR coach this year, Mack said:
"I had dinner with him the other night, and unless something unforseen happens, he'll be back." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110525_Rolovich_Aranda_will_get_pay_raises.html

No comments:

Post a Comment