Saturday, April 16, 2011

Feature on Miah Ostrowski starting for both the football and basketball teams at UH

About how he had both UH football and basketball coaches and teammates surrounding him after the Warrior Bowl last night, starting PG and slotback Miah Ostrowski said:
"They're both my family. They're all my teammates." (HSA)


About how a year ago it looked like his basketball career was over and he was way down on the depth chart for football, Ostrowski said:
"I thought the window for basketball was all over this time last spring. I really thought I was done and that it (basketball) wasn't going to happen for me. It was almost before the end of the year before I got the call. But then things happened." (HSA)


About playing both sports, Miah said that teammates and friends have been:
"asking me if I have scholarships for both sports. And, 'I'm like, nah. I wish.' Oh, man, that would be great. One would be for rent and one would be for spending." (HSA)


About the possibility of getting 2 scholarships, Ostrowski asked:
"I don't think you can do that, yeah?" (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/ferdswords/20110416_Ostrowski_works_his_2_jobs_with_a_big_smile_on_his_face.html

No comments:

Post a Comment