Friday, April 29, 2011

Feature on how Alex Green and Greg Salas may be drafted today

Unsure why UH has only had 1 QB, 2 WRs and 2 RBs drafted over the 12 years they have used the run-and-shoot offense, Rolo said:
"There's no doubt the receivers (in the four-wide offense) understand the entire concept. They don't just know their individual routes, they know everybody else's routes. There are so many things they have to know in this offense. That has to be a plus." (HSA)


About how UH only had 2 WRs drafted in the past 11 drafts, Greg Salas said:
"I'm definitely surprised. I still can't believe Davone (Bess) wasn't drafted." (HSA)


Hoping that Alex Green and he can change the trend for UH skill position draft picks, Salas said:
"I think our system is good. I hope we can start a trend." (HSA)


About how he was "up in the air" whether to transfer to UH from Butte College, warned that the offense did not have a blocking back or TE, Green said:
"Initially, I though the offense favored the receivers." (HSA)


About how he realized that the offense is a good one for a RB, Green said:
"Now I understand what the offense can do for a running back. It's a really good offensive scheme. If you're a running back, it helps your overall game. You can catch a lot of passes. And you learn how to block. To be a running back in the NFL, you have to be able to block." (HSA)


About being compared to RB Steven Jackson of the Rams, Green said:
"Everybody says I play like him, and we have similar actions, and not just because of the hair. I have no idea where I'll be going. I'm going through the process and enjoying the moment." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110429_Salas_and_Green_could_be_taken_today.html

No comments:

Post a Comment