Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Feature story on CB Lametrius Davis preparing for UH's Pro Day tomorrow

About about his goals for his performance at UH's Pro Day, Lametrius Davis said:
"I'll take whatever numbers I get. No promises. I'm going to leave it all on the field." (HSA)


HSA Note: "As a UH junior in 2009, he was a physical bump-and-run cornerback with quickness and strength. But in January 2010, he began experiencing discomfort in his right knee. The condition lingered through the 2010 spring training. During the summer, he was diagnosed with a partially torn meniscus."


About how he was on crutches for a few weeks after a medical procedure for his partially torn meniscus and then reported to training camp, Davis said:
"I came back a little too early." (HSA)


About how he was limited in training camp and struggled early in the season, not complaining about his health problems while his draft stock dropped, playing better as the season went on, Davis said:
"I got through it. That's all that mattered." (HSA)


About how he left Hawaii to train in Portland for the Pro Day, Davis said:
"I've been training all of the time in Portland. That's where I've been hiding." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Alex Molden, a former NFL cornerback, has been coordinating Davis' training program. They have known each other for several years. Molden has ties to Nike, and Davis has trained at the company's two facilities. One is equipped with an artificial-surface field and track. Davis also has worked with two speed coaches and a strength coach. He said he has focused on so-called explosive lifts."


About how he wants his Pro Day performance to erase doubts about him, Davis said:
"I didn't have a great (senior) year. I'm sure there are a lot of doubts. I want to leave no doubts. I want to go to pro day and open some eyes. They always say you only need one team to like you. I hope that's true." (HSA)


About how he once was timed at 4.4 in the 40-yard dash, Davis said:
"It was a JC combine, so I could have run slower. I'll know for sure when I run at pro day." (HSA)


About how he needs 2 more social science classes at UH to earn his bachelor's degree, Davis (who is taking online classes this semester) said:
"I went to Hawaii to be a student and an athlete." (HSA)

"The first thing coach (Greg McMackin) said to me was he wanted me to earn a degree. Coming in from a junior college, I knew it would hurt the school's (academic progress rate) if you go two years and don't graduate. I'm not trying to be shady at all. They gave me a chance and a scholarship, and I wanted to pay them back by doing well on the field and graduating." (HSA)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110330_ExWarrior_DB_Davis_wants_to_prove_he_belongs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment