Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dick Tomey returns to UH as special teams coordinator

About how Dick Tomey is one of his 7 mentors that he's writing about in a book, Joe Onosai said:
"He's one of them. He missed his calling. He should have been a preacher, minus the F-bombs. He would have been perfect. He's so eloquent. He's articulate. He has a way with words that gets to your soul." (HSA)


About how Tomey is great motivator, Onosai said:
"He was such a motivator. We would want to run through walls for him. I didn't realize a guy could have so much power. You never wanted to get him upset. When his baby-blue eyes looked into your eyes, they were piercing. My freshman year, I was late to a pregame meeting. I'll never forget how embarrassed I was when he picked on me. I was never late for a meeting after that." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20110217_Tomey_brings_expertise_back_to_Warriors_in_special_teams_role.html

No comments:

Post a Comment