Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Choosing Toronto meant that Chad Owens had to give up his dream to play in the NFL

GM = Globe and Mail

About how he made his decision on where he wanted to play, not for the money, Chad Owens said:
"I tried to look at it outside of the money. If the NFL and the CFL paid players the same, I'd be in Toronto anyway. I got everything I wanted and then some from Toronto." (GM)


About how it was hard to give up his dream to play in the NFL, Owens said:
"My goal growing up was to play in the NFL. It ended up being a very hard and emotional decision for me and my family." (GM)


Happy they signed Owens, Toronto head coach and GM Jim Barker said:
"Obviously, Chad Owens is one of the prime-time guys we wanted to get. He epitomizes everything we want an Argo to be." (GM)


Wanting to win a championship with Toronto, Owens said:
"I've got one goal in mind, and that's the Grey Cup. We have a legitimate shot." (GM)


http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/chad-owens-commits-future-to-argos/article1899624/

No comments:

Post a Comment