Saturday, September 4, 2010

QB Bryant Moniz said that he is healthy and can play against Army

Denying that he had a concussion, Bryant Moniz said:
"I don't have a concussion." (HSA)


About how he has not had any headaches, blurry vision or dizziness and was able to drive yesterday, Moniz said:
"I'm OK." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Moniz said he was told that doctors will "evaluate" his health on a "day by day" basis. He said he is not sure if he will be allowed to practice today."


About the hit he took from USC LB Michael Morgan that knocked him out of the game, Moniz said:
"I didn't see him. He snuck up on me. I saw the end zone. I didn't see him." (HSA)


About how he feels that his hit on Moniz was clean, Morgan said:
"It was definitely a clean hit. I didn't do anything illegal. I'm playing football. That's part of the game. ... He was trying to make a move, and I hit him." (HSA)


Asked if the hit on him was clean, Moniz said:
"Dirty hit, clean hit, hits are hits. The guy hit me pretty good. That's about it. It's football." (HSA)


About how he is fine despite reportedly coughing up blood during the game leading to speculation that he suffered a broken rib, Rodney Bradley said:
"I'm fine. I fell down on the ball. It's all right." (HSA)


About how he felt that he had possession long enough for the play to be called a TD, Bradley said:
"That's what I was thinking. I thought I caught it, and came down with it. But the refs thought otherwise." (HSA)


HSA Note: "Right tackle Laupepa Letuli left the game with what is being described as a "strained" calf. The injury is not considered to be serious, and Letuli is expected to start against Army. Defensive tackle Vaughn Meatoga, who has a strained shoulder, also should be able to play."


Praising the play of both backup QBs, Rolo said:
"Shane played very well. Brent played very good." (HSA)


Asked if Shane Austin had moved ahead of Brent Rausch for #2 QB, Rolo said:
"We're going to watch the films and evaluate." (HSA)


http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20100904_Moniz_Im_OK.html

No comments:

Post a Comment