Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Feature article on Rodney Bradley and his recovery status

About being in the 6th month of recovering from a broken left leg and having to sit out of spring practice, Rodney Bradley said:
"I'm itchin' to go, to get out there and do some more. I know I can't ... yet. I have to be patient." (HA)


About how it pains him to not be able to participate in practice, Bradley said:
"I want to jump in (on drills) out there, that's second nature. But I can't." (HA)


About the status of his rehab, Bradley said
"I'm about 85 percent now but it is gonna take a while to get back to 100 percent and getting the leg in condition again." (HA)


HA Note: "He was a premium breakaway threat from the outside, someone whose acceleration regularly turned 8-yard catches into 20- and 30-yard gains last season. At the time, Bradley was averaging 18.55 yards per catch — putting him third in the nation in the category. He was averaging six catches a game and many of them were of the highlight reel variety. And, if you can believe it, he was just starting to get the hang of the Warriors' offense. Then came the season-ending injury that head coach Greg McMackin called "devastating." "


About the play in which he suffered his injury, Bradley said:
"I've seen the hit (on video) a couple of times. The guy was trying to make a play and bring me down. I don't think he was deliberately trying to hurt me or break my leg. It was just that I had made a move and he tried to get me down." (HA)


Remaining positive about his situation, Bradley said:
"I'm determined to stay positive. Everything happens for a reason and I'm going to keep going. I'm going to be back." (HA)


http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100414/COLUMNISTS06/4140362/1142&template=UHSports

No comments:

Post a Comment