Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Aaron Kia got a tryout with the 49ers this weekend, Blaze Soares tries out with Chicago this weekend

About his tryout with the 49ers this weekend, which could lead to a free-agent offer if things go well, Aaron Kia said:
"I have to go there and be ready and be strong." (HA)


About how the LT Kia is being asked to tryout at G and C, Gordy Shaw said:
"They like his height and his arm reach and his athletic ability. He plays tremendously hard. He's a very aggressive football player . All of those things were positive." (HA)


Shaw said that Kia's one-on-one blocking skills will be helpful in playing center, so he can use the tryout to show:
"he can snap the ball, and (make the) snap-and-step (move)." (HA)


About how he has to do well this weekend, Kia said:
"I have to do my part right now." (HA)


About how his tryout is "a do-or-die situation", Kia said:
"I'm happy to get an opportunity. It's going to be challenging, but I'm just going to give it my best shot." (HA)


About his tryout with the Bears this weekend, Blaze Soares said:
"I've got to shine and show this team what I can do." (HSB)


About trying to make the same team that has Pisa Tinoisamoa, Blaze said:
"Growing up he was one of the guys who I tried to mimic. Since high school I tried to play like him, and getting to meet him, it's going to be awesome." (HSB)

http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100427/SPORTS0201/4270366&template=UHsports

http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/sportsnews/20100427_Soares_and_Kia_get_NFL_tryouts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment