Monday, December 21, 2009

QB Andrew Manley committed to New Mexico State

About committing to NMSU, 6'3", 220-pound Andrew Manley said:
"Right now it's the only offer I have, but I am excited about it." (HSB)


HSB Note: "Hawaii had been among the schools that offered him a scholarship. But the offer became a grayshirt offer when UH got a commitment from Kevin Spain of Paradise Valley High in Arizona."


About how he received an early offer from UH, Manley said:
"But they got a commitment from another quarterback and they asked me to grayshirt. The way the numbers are now, I could end up without a scholarship." (HSB)

"I'm not disappointed. I understand how college football recruiting works. They do what they have to do. I feel very fortunate to have a scholarship to play college football at New Mexico State." (HSB)


HSB Note: "Colorado and Marshall were also among schools expressing interest, but Colorado has two quarterback commitments and Marshall had a coaching change."


About how his recruiting from Marshall ended with their coaching change, Manley said:
"After the coach left I never heard back from them." (HSB)


About the benefit of playing for a WAC school, Manley said:
"I get to come home every other year to play at Aloha Stadium in front of friends and family. That is a great bonus." (HSB)


Dave Reardon wrote: "I think UH missed the boat on Manley and should've given him a full ride, no questions asked. At 6-feet-3 and 220 pounds, he is plenty big and has a big arm. His footwork is extremely underrated. This may come back to haunt the Warriors, especially with NMSU being in the same conference." (HSB)

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/breaking/79864307.html

http://blogs.starbulletin.com/quickreads/?p=591&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&ut

No comments:

Post a Comment