Sunday, December 20, 2009

DE John Cooper Pelluer commits to the Warriors

About why he chose the Warriors, DE John Cooper Pelluer (from Skyline High in Issaquah, Washington) said:
"I definitely love the atmosphere of Hawai'i. There's nothing better than waking up every day in Hawai'i. The coaching staff is just awesome. I love everybody there. I'm really excited to be a Warrior." (HA)


HA Note: "Pelluer's great-grandfather, grandfather, father and uncle are Washington State alumni. His father, Scott, was a linebacker who played five seasons with the New Orleans Saints. His uncle, Steve, was a quarterback with the Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos."


Pelluer said that Washington State is:
"where my dad and mom met." (HA)


About choosing UH over Washington and Washington State after visiting UH last weekend, Pelluer said:
"I wanted to go where I felt I was really wanted. I got that vibe, that feel, from Hawai'i." (HA)


HA Note: "Pelluer was an outside linebacker in 2008, when Skyline ran a 3-4 scheme. This past season, a new defensive coordinator implemented the 4-3 alignment. Pelluer was asked to move to defensive end."


Pelluer said that that with him at rush DE and a converted safety at weakside LB:
"we became one of the fastest teams (in the division). We were flying around on defense." (HA)


HA Note: "Pelluer, who is 6 feet 3 1/2 and 225 pounds, made 10 sacks in 13 games. In all, he had 77 tackles, including 46 solo stops."


About being moved from LB to DE, Pelluer said:
"I had fun at defensive end. You sort of go." (HA)


HA Note: "He also played tight end at Skyline. Six of his nine catches were touchdowns. Pelluer said he has been told he will compete at defensive end or outside linebacker at UH. He will enroll in UH's second Summer Session, starting in July. At the University of Washington camp in 2008, Pelluer ran 40 yards in 4.7 seconds. He completed the shuttle in 4.57 seconds. His vertical jump is 26 inches, and his maximum bench press is a little under 300 pounds."


About how he snowboards during his spare time and enjoyed surfing during his UH visit, Pelluer said:
"I tried surfing on my official visit, and I just loved it. I can see myself learning how to surf." (HA)


About how Jake Heun hosted him during his recruiting visit, Pelluer said:
"He's a wild guy." (HA)


http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091220/SPORTS0201/912200381&template=UHsports

No comments:

Post a Comment