Saturday, September 19, 2009

Miami Dolphins' head coach talked about how playing in UH's offense prepared Davone Bess for the NFL

Asked if spread option college receivers can have success in the NFL, Miami Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano said:
"Oh, like a [Percy] Harvin type of a player? Well, you know, I mean, I think one of the things I think comin' out of the spread offense is those type of things - I think that you find a player kinda like [Davone] Bess, okay, whose much further advanced in some situations with his receiving skills and with what he's seen. You know, I think a lot of times you get into those type of offenses, I mean I don't know Florida's offense very well, you know, but I do know some of the things that they do. And, you know, you see some of those type of players that are out there - like Hawaii's offense for example. You know, I just think they've seen a lot more coverage-wise, people are trying to do a lot more to defend them so that they don't hit 'em with big plays. They're seein' double coverage, they're seein' these role coverages, things that you might do, you know, to some of those offenses, where I think they're just a little bit more mature than the guy that's just out there playin' in the standard pro offense. You know, where there's two half-backs back there and they're gettin' the ball, and I just think way further ahead fundamentally, you know, in that way." (Palm Beach Post)

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2009/09/18/0918sparano.html

No comments:

Post a Comment