Wednesday, September 23, 2009

JC DE Siaki Cravens commits to the Warriors!

Jokingly asked if he would be ready to play in the Warriors next game, Siaki Cravens said:
"No, not this weekend. But I'm definitely going to be a Warrior next season." (HA)

HA Note: "Cravens, who said he is 6 feet 3 and 240 pounds, signed with Utah in February 2008. He redshirted last season. After the spring semester, he decided to transfer. He currently is enrolled at Long Beach City College. He will join the Warriors in January, and have three years to play two seasons."


About joining the Warriors, Cravens said:
"I can't wait. I made my decisions, and I told (the UH coaches) that." (HA)

HA Note: "Cravens drew interest from USC and UCLA. But he said he felt an immediate connection with the Warrior coaches."


About his connection with the Warrior coaches, Cravens said:
"During the process, I've had a lot of conversations with the Hawai'i coaches. They've been straight up with me. I was real comfortable talking with them." (HA)


About how he hasn't taken a recruiting visit to UH yet, Cravens said:
"When I do, I'm sure it'll be good." (HA)

HA Note: "Cravens is capable of bench pressing 385 pounds. He can run 40 yards in 4.6 seconds, and complete the pro-agility shuttle in 4.2 seconds. His vertical jump is 33 inches."


About how he played receiver at Temecula Valley High School and moved to defense at Utah, Cravens said:
"In high school, I was about 220. Now I'm about 240." (HA)


About UH's history of excellent players on the DL, Cravens said:
"That's another reason I chose Hawai'i. They're known for their defensive linemen. With me playing d-end, it's the perfect place for me to go." (HA)

HA Note: "In the past five NFL drafts, four UH defensive linemen were selected, including defensive ends Travis LaBoy, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Melila Purcell III and David Veikune."

http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090923/SPORTS0201/909230346&template=UHsports

No comments:

Post a Comment