Friday, September 25, 2009

Injury updates for the Warriors

HA Note: "Defensive ends Fetaiagogo Fonoti and Paipai Falemalu resumed workouts after missing games because of injuries. Linebacker/nickelback Aaron Brown will miss Wednesday's road game against Louisiana Tech — and possibly several more — because of an injured right hamstring. Right tackle Laupepa Letuli, who was wearing a large brace on his left knee, did not work out. He reportedly suffered an ailment during a jumping exercise Wednesday."


Asked about the large knee brace he was wearing, Letuli said:
"Just trying (the brace) on, see what it feels like." (HA)


About how he expects Letuli to be able to play against La Tech Mac said:
"The five blocks of granite will be there." (HA)


About how Adrian Thomas and he took turns at right tackle yesterday, Kainoa LaCount said:
"We're going to be switching up, so it should be good. We don't know what's going to happen (with Letuli), so we have to be ready." (HA)


Thomas hopes that Letuli will be able to play against La Tech, but just in case he said:
"I'm getting ready." (HA)


About injuring his hamstring in their season opener, Aaron Brown said:
"Since the first game, I haven't been able to play at 100 percent." (HA)


Mac said that Brown's injury is:
"why he's not starting. He's a stud. He's had a hamstring (injury) all year. It's getting worse. He's one of the best players, but we can't get him on the field because of his hamstring injury." (HA)


About his injury, Brown said:
"It sucks. I came out here to play. I'd rather help the team by being 100 percent than going out there and making mistakes at 80 percent." (HA)


About returning to practice after missing the first three games due to a hyper-extended left kneecap, Fonoti said:
"I have to get back into it. My knee isn't used to it." (HA)


About how he wants to play against La Tech, Fonoti said:
"Hell, yeah. I've been out for three games. I don't want to miss any more. I've got to catch up." (HA)


About the importance of Fonoti's return, Mac said:
"Getting Fonoti back gives us a whole different dimension." (HA)


About how his right ankle sprain has improved, Paipai Falemalu said:
"I'm not 100 percent, but it's better than walking on crutches. There's nothing to do but tape it up and suck it up as much as possible." (HA)


About how Mac let him return to practice but told him to take it easy, Paipai said:
"Coach Mack told me to get some reps, but don't re-injure it. It doesn't hurt when I get into the stance. When I try to change directions, it's a little tender. But I'll be ready for the game."
(HA)


About how he's been cleared to return to practice tomorrow, Jovonte Taylor said:
"I didn't think I would be back so soon with an ankle sprain." (HA)


About the return to practice of Paipai and Fonoti, Mac said:
"We're going to work them in slow this week, but John looked really good today, so I think they're ready to roll." (HSB)

HSB Note: "Fonoti, the lone returning starter on the Warriors defense, is looking forward to his debut in his senior season and will play with a knee brace while easing back into game speed."


Fonoti said that being in a helmet and taking part in drills:
"felt awesome. felt it a little bit, but I have to fight through it. I've missed too many games already. I'm just trying to get out there, make some plays and help out the team." (HSB)


About trying to return quickly but being careful not to injure himself further, Paipai said:
"Just watching a game is frustrating, but after a loss it makes me feel a little guilty that I wasn't able to help the team. It makes me want to play more, but at the same time the coaches want me to be cautious." (HSB)


About moving from guard to tackle, Thomas said:
"I found out just this morning. I haven't played tackle in a while, since camp. It's good though." (HSB)


Appreciating being with the Warrior team, LaCount said:
"Just being on the sideline right now is something special, just being a part of the game." (HSB)


About using Blaze at MLB, Mac said:
"We're looking at combinations. It gives us a little flexibility. He's got good size and instincts. He's a leader and has a lot of football IQ." (HSB)


About how R.J. and he have been used at MLB, Blaze said:
"As a linebacker unit, we always call the strength and we always echo everything. Our communication between the linebackers is awesome, so the burden is never on one person." (HSB)


Unsure when he can return, Rausch said:
"They didn't really give me a time (for a possible return). just have to see how long it takes to heal. Hopefully I can come back, but we have to see." (HSB)


Unsure when he'll be able to practice again after his right pinkie fracture (from falling to the ground during a drill), Brent Rausch said:
"It's very frustrating. It was an unlucky situation." (HA)


About how he's going to redshirt this season, George Daily-Lyles said:
"They kept giving me travel lists, like they wanted me to play. I'm going to redshirt, get this year under my belt, learn the system." (HA)

HA Note: "Offensive tackle Brett Leonard has not played this season, an indication he might redshirt. Leonard was on the past travel roster."


http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090925/SPORTS0201/909250373&template=UHsports

http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/sportsnews/20090925_warriors_d_line_gets_a_boost.html

No comments:

Post a Comment